Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gloves 2011

My hands get terribly cold in winter, and already in the city with the winds that blow up and down the streets I am finding them numb and not very happy indeed.

My wanderings around town one lunchtime mysteriously lead me to Hermes. Seriously, I was not contemplating going there, but there I ended up... and upon arriving, I decided to do a little browsing, when I came upon the most glorious gloves I have ever seen.

They were in my favourite colour, 100% hand made, soft kid leather with silk lining, and palladium accents... really, just perfection.

The sales assistant measured my hand and told me I am a size 85. The gloves I wanted were only a size 75 - they would not fit. I was sad.

I looked at the others but they were not what I wanted.... She checked the other stores for me - no, no others in Australia, I will have to find another style.

I tried one nice pair in blue in size 85 ... they were pretty but the sales assistant thought they were too big. Drats.

We found another nice pair in a dusty pink/red in size 80 ... they too were pretty but again, not as good as the ones I first spied, and... surprisingly, the sales assistant again thought they were too big....

So that meant that the 75 is perhaps, just perhaps, my size......

so I tried on the ones I first saw in the 75.... and, they fitted like a glove!!!!!

Now I asked about the price, but I already knew... they were coming home with me....

New box
Opened up
My new gloves!!!!

I love that there is a single thread holding the pair together,
 with one perfect knot in place holding it carefully.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: